If a swarm of bees has settled in your garden or place of work here are a few steps to follow..
- Don’t panic – when bees are swarming they are least likely to sting.
- Leave them alone – if they’re on a tree branch or a wall, they are most likely resting until they move on somewhere else. By tomorrow afternoon, they are likely to have moved on.
- Make sure it’s a honey bee swarm by checking this simple guide.
- If you are in the Hertord and Ware area (SG12, SG13, SG14), call us on 07808 142096 and a local beekeeper can talk to you and possibly collect the bees and find a local home for them.
- If you’re not in the Hertford and Ware area, you can find a local swarm collector using the map on this page.
- Make a donation – we’re all volunteers giving our own time and using our own cars etc. so please consider making a donation towards our costs and help us to support local beekeepers.
If you suspect that bees are living in your wall or attic, we may not be able to help. Often these are not honey bees although they may look very similar. Please contact your local council’s pest control team for further advice.