If you’re thinking about keeping bees or would like to learn more about what’s involved, you’re welcome to get in touch or come along to any of our events.
We have the following membership types
- Full Member (keeping bees, including public liability insurance cover plus membership of Hertfordshire Beekeepers Association (HBKA) & The British Beekeepers Association (BBKA)
- Partner Member at same address as a Full Member (benefits as for Full Member)
- Country Member (NOT keeping bees, no insurance cover, includes membership of HBKA and BBKA)
- Junior Member (up to age 16, NOT keeping bees, no insurance, with Full Member at same address, including membership of HBKA and BBKA)
- Student (doing relevant course) Member (benefits as for Country Member)
- Social Member (H&WBKA CIO membership only for social events & newsletters)
When you become a member, you will automatically become a member of the British Beekeepers Association and the Hertfordshire Beekeepers Association. Together these bring the following benefits..
- Membership of the BBKA and an excellent monthly magazine.
- Public Liability Insurance.
- Entry on to the swarm list if you need bees and are suitably trained.
- Keep your bees at an association apiary.
- Free information available at indoor and outdoor meetings. Find out how other beekeepers do it!
- Lectures and demonstrations throughout the winter months.
- Visits to Members’ Apiaries through the summer, see how other beekeepers do it!!!
- Loan equipment such as honey extractors.
- BBKA module assessment advice, tutoring and examination.
- And possibly most important, the company of fellow beekeepers’ offering an opportunity to swap knowledge, experiences, ideas and inevitably tea and cake.